Social Media Promotional Strategies for Your Blog

Social Media Promotional Strategies for Your Blog

Attracting people to your blog is an important job and, at times hard to achieve. Using social media to increase traffic for you is very effective. Since there are many different social media platforms each with diverse audiences, targeting the audience that might have the most significant interest in what you have to offer should be pretty straightforward.

There is no business or organization in the world that does not use social media. In fact, we can learn new marketing strategies from the NFL Super Bowl teams for example, in which they usually do an extraordinary job.

However, running around media platforms sharing your blog is not going to get the job done. You need a more specific strategy in order to build your social media audience. In this article, we will go through some of the best promotional strategies for your blog.

Content Quality

Content is considered to be the most important factor in websites nowadays. In other words, people want to see some value or point of interest in order to read your blog. You cannot do a successful blog promotion if you don’t have something to offer to readers. There are different types of content you can promote such as useful, intriguing, or shocking. That way you will get people’s attention and your blog promotion on your social media profiles will be much more effective. It is essential that you know how to set up the titles and choose the right images to get people’s attention.

Share your blog through social media platforms

You need to choose the main social media platform you want to target and focus all resources on that one. The best is if you target all social media platforms, but that will require more resources which are sometimes hard to find.

There are few things to consider before sharing your blog on social media, such as:


You need to develop a blog sharing schedule and stick to it no matter what. That way, you will develop a habit in users that will continuously open your blog links and read your content.

The Optimal Time For Posting

Keep in mind that not every time is good for promoting your blog. There is always the 80/20 rule, which says that you should use valuable content for users 80% of the time and the other 20% you can use it for promotional material. You can find when are your social media fans most active and share blog links only at that time.

The Visual Appeal of Social Media Posts

The job is not done if you just slap the link on the social media platform. People want to develop some kind of relationship with businesses. This means that you should always write a message describing the link in your own words. This message should motivate users to click the link.

Create A Relationship with Other Bloggers

You are not alone in the blog scene. Acknowledging the fact that there are many other bloggers in the same niche as you will help you reach a new audience. Instead of looking at other bloggers as competitors, you should see them as an option for collaboration. You should read and share other blogger’s posts and mention their name. By creating a stable relationship with other bloggers, you can expect to get the same thing in return.

Promote Your Blog in Social Media Communities

There are thousands of community groups on social media platforms created for a specific topic. This means that the audience in those groups is extremely targeted and you might get a better chance for converting community fans into one of your own. You can spread a word about your blog once you join their group, or simply share some information that might be helpful to them.

Don’t Forget About Your Old Blog Posts

This is one of the most frequent blogger mistakes. People want to see constant updates on content from the past. Updating your old jobs and sharing them on social media will not just increase your views but also show that you are a reliable source of information.

These are some of the tactics that you can use in order to promote your blog on social media. You cannot expect to build your own community within a few days, it is a long process, but it will definitely be worth it.