Blog Topic Ideas:
Social Media Content Strategy for a Large B2B Company
We were wrapping up the current phase of a corporate communications strategy planning effort for a large B2B company and discussing our client’s social media content strategy. The topic was the how / when / why the company should be creating social media content more actively. One topic of the social media strategy discussion involved, as it typically does, achieving the right balance of blog topic ideas that are both interesting to customers and prospects while having natural, non-obtrusive connections to your company.
When you are a large B2B company considering a dynamic social media content strategy, there are definitely different content options than for a smaller organization. With more employees, customers, and functional areas, there are many more blog topic ideas your large B2B company can integrate into its content strategy.
22 Large Company B2B Blog Topic Ideas
- Learning related to business and personal success for customers
- Business books, magazines, and blogs your executives find beneficial
- Interactions when company executives and personalities were meeting with customers and industry figures
Your Company Is Up-to-Date on Industry Issues
- Commentary on important industry stories
- Recaps of social media sharing by you and other industry players
- Perspectives on general news stories with an impact in your market
Your Company Is Focused on Customer Service
- Challenging customer and prospect questions answered
- Solutions to frequent customer issues
- New issues you’re solving for customers
- Hacks you’ve figured out to help customers get more from their own processes
- Special things you’ve done to help customers achieve their goals
- Recent customer successes
Your People Are Smart and Outstanding Representatives
- How your company is making itself a better place to work
- Community service activities in which your employees are involved
- Ways your people demonstrate kindness in the workplace
- Perspectives from experts inside your organization
Your B2B Company Is Human
- A funny business-oriented event or occurrence
- A customer perspective on an event your company held
- An intriguing or off-the-wall story in your industry
Your Company Has a Community Focus
- Government or public affairs issues your organization is involved with that affect customers
- National issues your company is addressing that have local community interest
- Local issues your company is involved with that have a broader impact
What Could Your B2B Company Be Blogging About?
While someone suggested to us the other day that every big company has already nailed social media and is moving on to deeper integration of social business in their processes, evidence still suggests many B2B companies may be pursuing social media, but haven’t found the best social media content mix yet. How about your company—especially if you are in the B2B market—are you blogging? And if so, what is your brand blogging about?
Mike Brown is the founder of the Brainzooming Group. He has been at the forefront of leading Fortune 500 culture change, contributing new approaches in research, developing simplified tools for innovation, strategy planning, and aligning sales, marketing, and communications strategies for maximum business results. Additionally, he’s won multiple awards for his strategic brand-building approach to customer experiences in NASCAR and conference event marketing efforts.