Mobile Technology Leads Global Competition to Win
£1 Million Investment and Business Support Package
Kam Star, Founder of Digital Shoreditch and leading the Million Pound Start-up competition commented, “The Million Pound Startup competition has brought in a wave of innovative technology companies not just because of the financial investment, but because of the support package from London’s greatest organisations. Start-ups need more than capital, they need serious connections to help them succeed, and that is what the contest offers.”
The partners and investors, whom represent years worth of expertise, experience and industry know-how, are pooling resources of creativity and innovation, industry expertise and contacts to accelerate the success of the winning business. The winner will receive business support encompassing finance, tax, legal, office and marketing support. The closing deadline for Million Pound Start-up entries is August 31, 2013.
Tim Kay, who heads up KPMG’s team in Tech City, added, “The rising demand for mobile technology is spawning new opportunities for a number of young ventures and start-ups in a nascent industry, and it’s great to see that they are applying to the competition. We want London to be at the forefront of technology and mobile is undoubtedly one of the fastest segments in technology.”
Million Pound Start-Up contest includes entries from innovative high tech firms such as:
- Australia – Facebuy: A mobile platform that enables users to socially buy, sell and explore items for sale.
- UK – Taskhub: Crowd driven productivity platform.
- India – Clarencetech: mobile payments solution providing mobile payments over IVR.
- USA – Touch Surgery: A mobile surgical training system to improve surgical quality and patient safety worldwide.
- Spain – Toolea: Platform to manage all aspects of your business
- Malaysia – Nanotag Technology: Brand protection and asset loss prevention solutions.
- Ireland – Allogen Biotech: Portable rapid detection of food contaminants using next-gen sensors.
- Italy – KickBeta: Allows mobile developers to find the perfect sample for testing their applications.
- Israel – 24me: Next generation automated mobile app to manage many aspects of users lives.
- China – H&E Media: Platform to provide western expertise to Chinese investors.
Digital Shoreditch celebrates the outstanding creative, technical and entrepreneurial talent of East London and Tech City. It runs monthly meet-ups, a huge festival of the most talented digital and technical creatives, connects brands and buyers to its members, and runs a comprehensive directory, hackathons and other competitions. Digital Shoreditch 2013 festival turned Shoreditch Town Hall into an extraordinary digital playground from 20th-24th May, and ran community events in the week until Friday 31st May attracting over 15,000 visitors and making it one of the world’s largest digital community event.