Drawing on Big Creative Ideas
When it comes to brainstorming tools, everyone has their particular preferences for what stimulates big creative ideas.Personally, when Angela Dunn, founder of #Ideachat, put a call out for a number of us to share our favorite creativity and brainstorming tools, I didn’t hesitate for a minute. My choice had to be the Crayola Giant Floor Pad (affiliate link). With each sheet providing nearly 352 square inches of wide-open creative space, the Crayola Giant Floor Pad, coupled with a Sharpie Marker, is a go-to brainstorming tool for me, whether working alone or with a group.
11 Reasons Why the Crayola Giant Floor Pad Tops My Favorite Brainstorming Tools List
Rather than simply sending Angela a written list of why this was my favorite among all my brainstorming tools, I used one of my new creative devices, the iPad, to take a photo of this handwritten and cartooned blog post. It highlights the 11 reasons why I gravitate to these big sheets of paper:
- There are no boundaries or lines
- There is ample room for making strategic connections
- It’s possible to depict BIG creative ideas
- There’s no need to charge the Crayola Giant Floor Pad
- There is ample space to depict different types of creative thinking
- Take a digital photo and your creative ideas are easily shared with others
- They can be both a launching pad and a destination for creative ideas
- Bold creative ideas have the opportunity to come to life
- It’s a no-glare surface
- Pages can be removed without fuss or muss (although be careful tearing a page out around the cut-out handle)
- Angela (or @BlogBrevity as she is known on Twitter) also uses Crayola Giant Floor Pad sheets as brainstorming tools
Care to send a picture of your favorite brainstorming tools or post a comment about them? It would be especially great to know what you use on the iPad to trigger your creativity.