Why The Best Brands Are Using Content to Beat Their Competitors
The lifespan of these stories are typically pretty swift, what we call the “the tornado effect.”
According to HubSpot, “73% of people prefer to get information about an organization through a series of articles rather than in a traditional advertisement.” That means, your brand likely needs more than the occasional media placement to stay relevant and give consumers what they want.There’s a formula for success that exists and it helps you reach more people without always having to produce your own content.
It’s a triple threat:
Media mentions + original content + extended reach through other networks
After a media placement runs, it may result in 100 or even 1,000 people who now regularly visit your site. That’s great, but if you are retargeting to readers or customers you already have, you’re simply talking to the exact same people.
What is retargeting?
Retargeting is a form of online marketing and advertising. It keeps your brand in front of bounced traffic after they leave your website. The goal is to get them back to your site to complete a purchase, register for an event or another call-to-action.
If you want to reach new people and be able to retarget them, the missing piece is finding other credible people to write about you.
Markerly does not draw from static influencer databases, choosing instead to identify and invite the best possible advocates for each brand, every single time, so that each program is unique to the brand’s goals. The Markerly platform integrates retargeting and its article promotion network to maximize reach and traffic quality. In order to build successful campaigns for the next generation of content marketing, agencies need to understand the geographical reach, user engagement, virality, and brand experiences.
The best brands understand this.
From community managers to content producers, more companies are hiring people to create a constant flow of stories and engagement. However, these people need a complete arsenal of tools to complete the “triple threat.” Advertising through content not only helps to generate more leads and costs less than traditional marketing, it’s evergreen and never disappears from the web.
The research supports this approach:
- 61% of people feel better about a company that delivers custom content and are more likely to buy from that company. (Content Marketing Institute)
- 79% of marketers report their organizations are shifting to branded content (*Forrester)
- Blogs give sites 434% more indexed pages and 97% more indexed links (*Content+)
- Companies that blog 15+ times per month get 5x more traffic than companies that don’t blog (*Hubspot)
- Companies with an active blog report 97% more leads (*Content+)
- Clicks from shared content are 5 times more likely to result in a purchase (*Voltier Digital)
- Articles with images get 94% more views than those without (*Content+)
- Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing (*Demand metric)